WE ARE HIRING!
To apply for an open position, please email us your resume, two work-related references, and answers to the questions at the bottom of this page.
POSITION: ASSISTANT GROWER
Take your vegetable production skills to the next level, and play an integral role on our small, dynamic team! Depending on the individual’s experience and interest, this position could either have a focus on vegetable production tasks (primarily field work), or a focus on vegetable harvest/wash/pack and retail activities (or a combination of both).
- Field work tasks including transplanting, weeding, harvesting, mulching, weedwhacking, moving tarps
- Assist with setup of field irrigation and deer fencing.
- Harvesting field crops and hoophouse crops.
- Washing and packing vegetables for our various outlets.
- Greenhouse seeding and other greenhouse tasks as needed.
- Assist with CSA distribution and retail customer service.
- Assist with other daily farm chores.
- Depending on experience, this position could include tractor work as well.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Has at least one year of experience working on a vegetable farm.
- Brings to the job specific experience in organic vegetable production, including greenhouse seeding, transplanting, weeding, harvesting, washing and packing.
- Additional experience in CSA coordination, on-farm retail, irrigation, tractor/small engine maintenance, carpentry, and other hands-on skills a plus.
- Comes to us highly motivated to hone their skills in organic vegetable production.
- Works well independently, and also in a group.
- Is a fast worker and quick learner. Thrives in a fast-paced, high-energy work environment.
- Loves working outdoors and embraces the challenges of a physically demanding job.
- Brings a positive attitude and ability to troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Is both reliable and adaptable, with a strong worth ethic.
- Shares our commitment to organic farming and responsible land stewardship.
- Is passionate about growing food.
Assistant Growers are involved in many aspects of the farm, working directly with the farm’s managers on a daily basis. Training is provided in the early part of the season so that Assistant Growers learn our farm’s systems and practice specific technical skills needed to become highly productive members of the team.
Compensation based on experience. The Assistant Grower position is a seasonal, full-time position starting in April.
ABOUT OUR FARM
Stout Oak Farm is a Certified Organic, solar-powered vegetable farm in Brentwood, New Hampshire. We grow 5 acres of vegetables for our CSA and Farm Store, local restaurants, and home delivery (through Veggie-Go at Three River Farmers Alliance). As a production-oriented vegetable farm, we strive for quality and efficiency in all aspects of our work, with a focus on adopting “lean farming” practices. In addition to organic vegetables and microgreens, farm enterprises include seedling production for home vegetable gardeners, and a young fruit orchard. With our CSA at the heart of our farm, we seek to cultivate connection and community through food and farming. We also love to collaborate with other farmers. Stout Oak Farm co-owns the local food distribution company Three River Farmers Alliance with a few of our farmer friends.