We’re still hiring!
Stout Oak Farm is in search of a hard-working, experienced, motivated individual to join our farm crew. Take your vegetable production skills to the next level, and play an integral role on our small, dynamic team!
We are looking for someone who can commit to working full-time from May through October 2019.
POSITION: ASSISTANT GROWER
Our ideal candidate:
- Has at least one year of experience working on a vegetable farm.
- Brings to the job specific experience in organic vegetable production, including greenhouse seeding, transplanting, weeding, harvesting, washing and packing.
- Additional experience in CSA coordination, on-farm retail, delivery driving, irrigation, tractor maintenance, carpentry, or other hands-on skills a plus.
- Works well independently, and also in a group.
- Is a fast worker and quick learner. Thrives in a fast-paced, high-energy work environment.
- Loves working outdoors and embraces the challenges of a physically demanding job.
- Brings a positive attitude and ability to troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Is both reliable and adaptable, with a strong worth ethic.
- Comes to us highly motivated to hone their skills in organic vegetable production.
- Shares our commitment to organic farming and responsible land stewardship.
- Is passionate about growing food.
Assistant Growers are involved in many aspects of the farm, working directly with the farm’s managers on a daily basis. Most of the work entails transplanting, weeding, harvesting, washing, packing, and distributing farm produce. The job also includes greenhouse seeding and watering, plus general farm maintenance and upkeep. Training is provided in the early part of the season so that Assistant Growers learn our farm’s systems and practice specific technical skills needed to become highly productive members of the team.
Compensation is based on experience. The Assistant Grower position is seasonal, full-time position (40 – 45 hours) beginning in April and ending in October or November. Housing is not provided.
Stout Oak Farm is a Certified Organic, solar-powered vegetable farm in Brentwood, New Hampshire (Seacoast area). We grow 5 acres of vegetables for our CSA, Farm Store, farmers’ markets and local restaurants. Additional enterprises include seedling production for home vegetable gardeners, as well as a young fruit orchard. The farm property consists of 58 acres of conserved fields, woods, and wetlands. Much of our pasture land is rented to Clyde Farm, for raising pastured poultry and sheep.
If you’re interested in farming with us, please email a resume and three professional references to Kate at email@example.com